Saturday, September 26, 2009

Breckenridge


We haven't taken a little sightseeing trip for awhile so thought you would enjoy going to Breckenridge. It is a ski town so in the winter it is packed with skiers but in the summer it's fun to go strolling around town, visiting all the little shops and having a nice lunch in one of the unique restaurants. The picture above is of Dillon Reservoir through my car window. That's me driving. These silly pictures are completely out of order so bear with me.
This is one of three houses that were for sale. The other two are further down. I tried to keep them together but.....

We thought it would be fun to take a ride in the gondola but it wasn't open. I think they may have been making sure it was ready for the ski rush so we just watched it for awhile wishing we could go for that ride. It would have been a beautiful day for it. So sunny with a pretty blue sky.

There is a lovely stream running through town.

See the snow on the mountain top? After this past week, I'm sure there is more now. We had snow over 6000' but down here we escaped the early stuff.

Dillion Reservoir is on the way to Breckenridge. It is man made and I remember when they flooded the area many years ago. There is a lot of boating and fishing there.

These are the other two houses for sale. They were all three in a nice little row. I would have loved to venture inside and dream. Mountain property is so expensive. We saw one two bedroom two bath for almost 500,000!!

It was a beautiful day and we stopped and had lunch in a lovely Bistro after trying on fur coats in a boutique. Of course I didn't buy one but it was loads of fun.

Has anyone ever matchrf up or tried to match up a b-dazzle? They sure scramble your brain. I was trying to match this one and I guess Anna decided I should just give up, so she jumped up, messed up the pieces and then just lay down on them. Geez, thanks Anna, I just may have gotten all the pieces in the right places this time. Thanks to Cheryl, I've had lots of entertainment this weekend. I am determined to match them all up. I'll keep you posted. I may not have any hair left though.

20 comments:

Simone said...

That looks like a beautiful scenic place. I would have liked to have had a look inside the houses too!

JennyMac said...

What awesome pics...and a stream running through the town? How picturesque is that?

Gypsy Butterfly said...

Hello Judy,
How nice. The houses look so pretty too!
Have a great Sunday,
Lydia

Melissa said...

Thank you for taking us along. Your neck of the woods, is just beautiful.

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Beautiful houses, love the river rock fireplaces. whew pricey though
looks so crisp and clean there.

Cherdecor said...

Thanks for taking us along to Breckenridge. I loved looking at the houses and, like you, I would have loved to go inside and look around.

I think Anna is a little jealous for your attention. That puzzle is like having a new baby in the house. Poor Anna!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great trip...I love to see those houses, they look so beautiful.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Anna knows when to tell you to rest...LOL.What a beautiful town.I bet its something when all the skiers come to town,Not so quiet then.But I bet its alot of fun.I never skied before.I would love to do that.Judy thanks for stopping by dear,
Now don't go pulling your hair out...LOL XXOO Marie Antionette

Just Between Us Girls said...

Dear Judy,
I love the photos and the town and the houses and little stream. I also love your cat...we have one that looks like yours but yours has a little more hair. They are very regal looking cats don't you think.
Thank your for leaving sweet comments on my blog. I really appreciate your kindness.
Hugs,
Pat

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, it's so beautiful -- you're so lucky to live in such a gorgeous place! And I've never heard of this matching thing of which you speak!

Nancy said...

Those houses are sure neat. It would have been fun to go through them. It looks like a beautiful place. I love the stream going through the town. Thanks for taking us with you.
Nancy

Heidi said...

What a beautiful place to visit. Thanks for taking me with you.

Hugs ~
Heidi

The Vintage Kitten said...

It looks like a beautiful place to visit, love the houses X

Laura said...

Thank you for sharing the wonderful photos!

Have a wonderful week,
Laura

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Dear Judy~ You've been out and about.
The stream with the rocks reminded me of the streams in Provo canyon in Utah. They use to run all through Sundance(Redfords ski resort). I haven't been back in a hundred years, but was told... they've removed all the streams for more shops. That was sad to me, cause it was a breathtaking and wonderful place to picnic.

The weather/sun looked nice for Fall. I enjoyed the tour, hope to see more.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Thimbleanna said...

Helloooo Judy? I hope you're doing well!

The Vintage Kitten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Vintage Kitten said...

Just popping by to say Hello! X

Melissa said...

Judy,

I hope you are well.

Melissa

Jacque said...

Hi Judy...there isn't anything like God's majestic beauty! That scenery is gorgeous! I like all sorts of greens. In fact, my mom just "fixed a mess" for us. She always mixes several kinds together, that way the taste isn't too overpowering! I know that Kale was delicious.

Please stop by the farmhouse on Monday to see what I have left for you. I do hope you will join in the fun!