Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Beautiful gifts from Barb.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I had such a busy week and this weekend has turned out to be the same. I went to the Market yesterday and bought my veggies and fruit for the week then came home and made chicken broth. My freezer is so full I can't put another thing into it. I should say them because the one on the frig is packed too. I was looking for something on Friday and found several packages of chicken parts so decided to make chicken broth. I ended up with about 4 quarts for the freezer and I used the rest in my Potato Leek soup that I made for dinner last night. A nice Ceaser salad and dinner was easy and so good.

After my busy day I almost forgot to get my mail. I'm so happy I didn't because Barb's package was waiting for me. I was so excited. Isn't everything so pretty. I almost just left it all wrapped up....OK maybe not for very long.



Now see all the wonderful goodies I found in my package!! I am so happy I won!


This is everything grouped together and below close ups of all my beauty's. Isn't the rooster so very handsome?

Don't you love the pillows? I have a.....well I'm not too sure what to call it. I should have taken a picture. It's what they used to call a hall bench. Or at least that's what I was told when I bought it. It has one drawer that I keep some of my linens in and on the top I have an old old quilt. Now my beautiful pillows are there too! I have it sitting under my window in my bedroom so I can see them often and enjoy.



And my beautiful towels. Aren't they they the cutest?

Isn't it all beautiful? Thank you again Barb. I am so enjoying everything. I hope you enjoyed seeing all my new treasures and that you all have a wonderful week.
I am making Ina's Indonesian Ginger Chicken for dinner. I plan on posting the recipe later in the week.

20 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

I love Barb's things! Congrats to you!!!

Cherdecor said...

WOW! Judy, you really hit the jackpot this time! Everything is beautiful! I bet that really made your day! I am so happy for you.

Blessings,
Cheryl

Bebe said...

Hi Judy!!
I've missed you, too, my friend!! It was so nice of you to come over and leave me such a sweet comment. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things now that fall is here. You really got a lovely package of goodies from Barb!! Luuuuvvviinngg that Eiffel Tower pillow ~ it is fabulous!!
Hugs, Bebe :)
P.S. Your soup sounded good! Still a little too warm here for soup making, but I'm thinking about cooler nights in Sept. for some.

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a fabulous give-away. You should have joined the Rooster Party with that fabulous rooster pillow. Talking about your freezer being full....can you freeze fresh corn on the cob? and if so, how and is it any good when you eat it in the middle of winter? I don't like the store brought frozen corn at all. Have a great week Judy. xo

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Wow what a great gift Judy.That Barb is a sweetie !

Dawn Marie said...

great gifts you have..and yes i love those pillows. a woman can never have enough pillows especially with names on them.

Unknown said...

what a fun gift!

be sure to let us know about that chicken, sounds wonderful.

i made a chicken dish tonight that turned out great, i'm going to post it on my new blog later on this week.

Gaby Bee said...

Those pillows are fabulous. Lucky you! Love especially the one with the rooster!
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Gaby xo

Barb said...

Hi Judy,

I am so glad you liked everything. When hubby pulled your name out, I told him you lived in Denver. Being from Co. he said he could feel the good vibes.

I will need to send that Recipe for the Indonesian chicken to Dorothy. I think Jeff is tired of Indonesian all the time-hehe.

many hugs,
Barb

Nancy said...

All of the gifts you received are so nice. Your soup sounds really good too. I love potato soup.
Nancy

Gypsy Butterfly said...

Hello Barb,
How nice. They are very pretty. Enjoy them.
Have a nice night,
Lydia

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! What a nice gift package -- I even recognize some of the embroidery patterns. Lucky You!

sewtakeahike said...

Love those pillows Judy, you are one lucky winner for sure!

Judi said...

Hi Judy
Oh you are sooo lucky to have won such a beautiful giveaway!! They are so lovely! But then you deserved to win anyway...this time... :o) enjoy them all.
Your chicken broth sounds so yummy too...isn't it nice to have it homemade? Leek soup with chicken broth too...oh that sounds so good too. This is such a good time of year to make soups.
thank you for sharing...
p.s. On Saturday be there for 9:30..just bring your coffee cup!! *hugs*
Judi

Unknown said...

Congrats Judy :D

Many thanks for all those good wishes and prayers, elissa is back home and well...

love...M

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Judy,
Glad you won such great gifts :)
You are cute...about the comment about my son.. :)
Have a great long weekend...
Warmly,
Deb :)

Charm and Grace said...

You lucky duck (or should I say rooster?) I love Barb and her pillows, too. I was especially eyeing that Eiffel Tower pillow. Congratulations and may you have many years of enjoyment from those.

Blessings,
Christi

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello Miss Judy~ I came by to let you know I left a message in your mailbox on Facebook.

sweet wishes,
Sara

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Wow!!! nBarb gave you some fab things,lucky you. I love them all.
I am having a give away,come by,tell your friends.XXOO Marie Antionette

Melissa said...

LOVE the pillows. So pretty!