Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Maple Brown Sugar Granola Cookies

These cookies are so yummy and they have to be healthy with all the good things that go into them. I sort of added a small ingredient that on my list is very very healthy....chocolate!!! I didn't have any raisins so thought that would be close substitute. I hope you enjoy if you try them. Or if you aren't into baking stop over and have one with me.
Don't they look healthy?
Already for the baking part!!
My first sheet that I probably ate all of. They were so yummy right from the oven nice and warm with the chocolate chips kind of melty.

MAPLE BROWN SUGAR GRANOLA COOKIES
(adapted from the Cascadian Farm Granola box)

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 cups Cascadian Farm organic maple brown sugar granola
3/4 cup raisins (I used mini chocolate chips because I didn't have raisins)
3/4 cup chopped pecans
Heat oven to 350. In large bowl beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs with electric on low speed until light and fluffy. Beat in flour, baking soda and salt until well mixed.
Stir in granola, raisins or chocolate chips and pecans. Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
Bake 11 - 13 minute or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ohhhh, the cruelty of it all! These look divine and a must try. But here I sit in a hotel room! I LOVE cookies AND granola. I haven't heard of cookies like these before though. Do you suppose I could substitute another kind of granola if I can't find that brand?

a pink-bee said...

Can't wait to try these ~ they look so yummy :). My favorite snack is cookies :)
crystal :)