Friday, June 6, 2008

My Dishes






I think I have this picture think figured out thanks to my daughter's help. I'm cleaning out cupboards washing dishes I don't use often. Two sets are my Grandmother's. The pink flower is from a set that she gave me many years ago and the yellow roses are her good china that I was lucky enough to get when she passed away. The gray rose which actually has shades of blue, green and pink is my good china that I've had for probably 40 years. Oh that makes me sound old!! My daughter was helping me clean the utility room last week and kept telling me I kept too much junk and wanted to throw things away by asking me what I needed it for. I just gave her that look!! Last night when we started the dishes I told her since I hadn't used Grandma's (her Great Grandma) dishes in a long time maybe I should just throw them away.....Well did I get a look!!!
I've had some back problems so my housework is way behind. It feels good to feel like cleaning. I've been undergoing physical therapy for the last few months and it seems to have helped. That is how I got my new job too. I guess it pays to have pain...well maybe not. It hasn't been too much fun. My doctor asked what my pain level was on a scale of 1 to 10. I said about a 15.
Hope you enjoy the pictures of all my china. Have a great weekend.



2 comments:

a pink-bee said...

What lovely china! Extra special because they came from a loved one :)
Hope that your back gets back to normal soon, no fun when you are hurting.
Happy Saturday :)
crystal :)

Anonymous said...

I love your Grandma's dishes. I sure understand why your daughter would give the look to you. Conni