Friday, July 11, 2008

Mixed Berry Jam and Lemon Braised Chicken

I know this is kind of a strange combination but I wanted to post the scrumptions jam recipe that I actually have pictures of and I promised my friend Jan that I would post the chicken recipe that I did not take pictures of. So instead of posting with no picture I thought I would just sneak the chicken with the jam. And you could make some buttermilk biscuits and have them together. Now it makes more sense doesn't it?
Raspberries and blackberries mascerating and below cooking away.
It is such an easy recipe. It was posted in the June Gourmet magazine. It is from Molly Wizenberg column. Here is the recipe. She also has a blog Orangette and if you haven't visited check it out, it is one of the best food blogs around. Click here for Molly's Blog.
Now for my Braised Chicken Thighs. I have no idea where I found this recipe but it's easy and delicious. I hope you enjoy.


Lemon Braised Chicken Thighs

6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 T olive oil
1 tsp chopped sage
1 small chopped red onion
4 mashed garlic cloves
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup chicken broth (about)
Salt/Pepper
1/4 t cayenne pepper

Rub chicken with salt, pepper and cayenne. Heat olive oil in a dutch oven and brown thighs on one side. Flip over and add chopped onion. Brown chicken and saute onions until onions are soft, a few minute will do it. Add garlic, sage, lemon juice and chicken broth. Let simmer until chicken is done, 20 minutes or so. I served them over noodles. How easy is that?
Bon Apetit!!

8 comments:

FancyHorse said...

You did great with the links, and the recipes look yummy!

We might eat out tomorrow night. There's a new Mexican restaurant in town. ;-)

The secret words are pointy bracket a href = "URL" pointy bracket link name pointy bracket slash a pointy bracket. Put them all together except for a space between a and href, and you can make spaces in your link name.

Pretend that the parentheses are pointy brackets:
(a href="URL">click here(/a)

Barb said...

Hi Judy,

At first I thought jam with chicken, I don't know about that. Both sound marvelous. Thank you for sharing my friend.

hugs,
Barb

FancyHorse said...

I added the stewed tomato recipe to my last post, if you're interested.

Thimbleanna said...

Judy! It's 2 a.m. here and now you've made me hungry! I love berries and that jam look yummy. Thanks so much for sharing your recipes.

Just Between Us Girls said...

Dear Judy,
Thank you for entering the contest. Your jam looks just yummy. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Cherdecor said...

This looks yummy! Homemade jam is just the best!

Believe it or not I fry chicken strips in salad dressing all the time. When I can find it, I use Seven Seas. The chicken never has that second day flavor.

Your chicken recipe looks very goot, as they say out here in PA. I will copy that recipe. Thank you!

Joanne Kennedy said...

The jam sounds wonderful. I'm going to try it. But what makes it jell? There is no pectin in there. Does it stay runny?

Hugs,
Joanne

Jim said...

Hi thanks for pposting this