Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tomato Tart

I've had several requests for the tomato tart recipe. I actually borrowed it from here. My recipe that I've made for years takes longer and I wanted something I could make after work that didn't take too long. Mary from Across the Pond made these last month and I finally got around to making some. I used some of my heirloom tomatoes but failed to take a pic of the tarts with the yellow, green and red tomatoes. They were very pretty but got eaten!!!

The only thing I did differently was slice the tomatoes and put them on some paper toweling to get the water out. I've found the crust stays crisper by doing this. I probably let them sit for 30 minutes or so before cutting the dough. This recipe was so easy. I just made a nice salad and I had dinner. The leftovers heat up very nicely in the oven. I took one to work for lunch and the microwave did not do it any good. The crust was kind of watery but still good. I hope you hop over for the recipe. If you haven't visited Mary, her blog is awesome.
Have a great evening and Bon Appetit!!

1 comment:

Kim's Treasures said...

Yummy! Your tart looks awesome! Thanks for coming by today...I love it when everyone stops by! The yo-yo's are all pieced on my project. I think I like it. Will post a photo soon!
Have a great night!
Kim